We have moved to www.liketoga.me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much is too much?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How much is too much? Empty How much is too much?

Post  qwerter49 Sat May 28, 2011 2:49 pm

It seems that we are starting to have way to many servers, and not enough people. We currently have 4, plus the merger, plus whatever servers Coaster is wanting to add. (if it wasnt coaster, srry, jsut dont feel like serching forums to find out who it is.) Therfore, STOP BUYING SERVERS, WE GOTS TOO MANY ALREADY!!! also, Boelens, can you add a thread bout my other server, cause i h8 going through the RPG thread (we dont have a RPG server anymore btw) thanks!
qwerter49
qwerter49

Back to top Go down

How much is too much? Empty Re: How much is too much?

Post  Coasterman29 Sat May 28, 2011 5:01 pm

qwerter49 wrote:It seems that we are starting to have way to many servers, and not enough people. We currently have 4, plus the merger, plus whatever servers Coaster is wanting to add. (if it wasnt coaster, srry, jsut dont feel like serching forums to find out who it is.) Therfore, STOP BUYING SERVERS, WE GOTS TOO MANY ALREADY!!! also, Boelens, can you add a thread bout my other server, cause i h8 going through the RPG thread (we dont have a RPG server anymore btw) thanks!
Once my dad gives me one of is external hard drives, I can run a server or 2!!! Stupid low storage PCs...
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasterman29 Sat May 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Double post fail, speaking of more members, Boelens, what/who is the community we are merging with?

Last edited by Coasterman29 on Sat May 28, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasterman29 Sat May 28, 2011 5:03 pm

We NEED more members, more members, more servers, more fun!
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerter49 Sat May 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Coasterman29 wrote:
qwerter49 wrote:It seems that we are starting to have way to many servers, and not enough people. We currently have 4, plus the merger, plus whatever servers Coaster is wanting to add. (if it wasnt coaster, srry, jsut dont feel like serching forums to find out who it is.) Therfore, STOP BUYING SERVERS, WE GOTS TOO MANY ALREADY!!! also, Boelens, can you add a thread bout my other server, cause i h8 going through the RPG thread (we dont have a RPG server anymore btw) thanks!
Once my dad gives me one of is external hard drives, I can run a server or 2!!! Stupid low storage PCs...

you do realize, the hole point of this thread was me saying we have too many servers already. I think that no more servers should be bought for the time being. If you want to do your share, DONATE! to either me, Boelens, or this new comunities leader. But please dont buy 2 MORE servers. we have about 30 members, so we need about 2 servers, plus the restricted adventure server. We have like, almost 10 servers.
qwerter49
qwerter49

Back to top Go down

Post  Agnewbody1820 Sat May 28, 2011 5:49 pm

To be honest, the only servers that i can recall being accessible by me are Qwerter's server (the one with Qwerter tower and the coaster minecart system) and the Story line server. I wasn't aware of any other servers (discounting the adventure server, which i don't think i'd be able to contribute to or even get onto) that were still active or accessible. The original RPG server got wiped out by the Brohoster f***-up and all those inactive ports of the story and RPG servers (I think they're inactive or Polish in most cases.) lead me to believe that I, among others, will only be able to get onto the Qwerter "RPG server" and the story server. (I don't count the adventure server for obvious reasons) New servers shouldn't be added yet. If you have a Server that's not hosted by a website or service, but on a piece of hardware in your house, then it'd probably be a bad idea to try and run that server for everyone. It WOULD, however, serve as an excellent backup server when those big services (ie: Brohoster) have to update all their servers. I think you should keep ready a SINGLE backup server for all those servers we have. The future is determined by our merge with this new and nameless community. If we get 5 new people, then we probably won't need to make 2 more friggin' servers. If we get 20-30 new members, we're going to need a larger amount of servers to handle excess members, full servers, and members becoming bored with a lack of accessible servers.
Agnewbody1820
Agnewbody1820

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerter49 Sat May 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Agnewbody1820 wrote:To be honest, the only servers that i can recall being accessible by me are Qwerter's server (the one with Qwerter tower and the coaster minecart system) and the Story line server. I wasn't aware of any other servers (discounting the adventure server, which i don't think i'd be able to contribute to or even get onto) that were still active or accessible. The original RPG server got wiped out by the Brohoster f***-up and all those inactive ports of the story and RPG servers (I think they're inactive or Polish in most cases.) lead me to believe that I, among others, will only be able to get onto the Qwerter "RPG server" and the story server. (I don't count the adventure server for obvious reasons) New servers shouldn't be added yet. If you have a Server that's not hosted by a website or service, but on a piece of hardware in your house, then it'd probably be a bad idea to try and run that server for everyone. It WOULD, however, serve as an excellent backup server when those big services (ie: Brohoster) have to update all their servers. I think you should keep ready a SINGLE backup server for all those servers we have. The future is determined by our merge with this new and nameless community. If we get 5 new people, then we probably won't need to make 2 more friggin' servers. If we get 20-30 new members, we're going to need a larger amount of servers to handle excess members, full servers, and members becoming bored with a lack of accessible servers.

I agree 100%. I was simply stating that on top of the 2 servers, there is my 2nd one, the new one from the new community, and the 2-3 coaster wants, to add. Coaster, if you want a server, i do think it should be a back up for time like this when Brohoster isnt bein a bro. But if you want to contribute, PAYPAL!!!!!!!
qwerter49
qwerter49

Back to top Go down

Post  Agnewbody1820 Sat May 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh yeah, the other community HAS a server. I totally forgot about that. On the off chance that they're expanding to get more room for their players, we can offer them the open space on our servers. We need NO NEW SERVERS AT ALL. Our total would come out to 4, definitely being able to accommodate all of the people. Coaster, would you mind holding onto that setup of yours in case we lose some of our servers to computer error? It's very nice of you to offer those servers, but can you hold those for emergencies. Maintaining the community with 4 is going to be enough work as it is. Our user distribution on these servers will be enough with 4 permanent servers. Dealing with griefers is enough a problem on 2 servers. Imagine 4 that we will be thoroughly using. Okay, now take all that effort and multiply it by 1.5. That's what we have with 6-7 or whatever amount you and qwerter were discussing. Maybe after we have more people able to work on this, we'll be able to consider 6+ constantly active servers a viable option.
Agnewbody1820
Agnewbody1820

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerter49 Sat May 28, 2011 6:35 pm

we will not need ANY more servers for a LONG time! what we will do is when we have alot more members, we will upgrade the servers to hold more people, that way, there arnt dozens of servers, each with one person on them.
qwerter49
qwerter49

Back to top Go down

Post  ModernFluff Sat May 28, 2011 11:06 pm

N.....N.....N....N....No plane server? *Cries* Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Why can't Coaster just pay for 1 big server, and that can be the plane server? Because we can't forget that Minecraft Monday show that wants a plane server to play on..And he got like 8k subs, so think about that! 1-3k is watching his vids, 2k got minecraft, 1k don't want to join the server, 500 don't got the mod, 100 if we are lucky wants to join the server! It's our chance :3
ModernFluff
ModernFluff

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerter49 Sun May 29, 2011 3:10 am

ModernFluff wrote:N.....N.....N....N....No plane server? *Cries* Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Why can't Coaster just pay for 1 big server, and that can be the plane server? Because we can't forget that Minecraft Monday show that wants a plane server to play on..And he got like 8k subs, so think about that! 1-3k is watching his vids, 2k got minecraft, 1k don't want to join the server, 500 don't got the mod, 100 if we are lucky wants to join the server! It's our chance :3

It MIGHT be ok for ONE more server. So coaster, if u want a server, just get one BIG one. But other than that, there is NO reason for more servers.
qwerter49
qwerter49

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasterman29 Sun May 29, 2011 3:57 am

qwerter49 wrote:
ModernFluff wrote:N.....N.....N....N....No plane server? *Cries* Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

It MIGHT be ok for ONE more server. So coaster, if u want a server, just get one BIG one. But other than that, there is NO reason for more servers.
Kay
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasterman29 Sun May 29, 2011 3:58 am

Personally, I think that the big server should be the public one, so I'm thinking freebuild...
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

Post  ModernFluff Mon May 30, 2011 7:10 am

Coasterman29 wrote:Personally, I think that the big server should be the public one, so I'm thinking freebuild...

NO! NO NO NO NO! Your thinking about a plane server! Evil or Very Mad (+ that a plane server will need alot of space and stuff...)
ModernFluff
ModernFluff

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasterman29 Mon May 30, 2011 11:13 am

ModernFluff wrote:
Coasterman29 wrote:Personally, I think that the big server should be the public one, so I'm thinking freebuild...

NO! NO NO NO NO! Your thinking about a plane server! Evil or Very Mad (+ that a plane server will need alot of space and stuff...)

I would, but not everyone can run PLANES! on their computers, and I am guessing me too. Plus, I think I am going to run only 1 or 2 NON-PLANES! server, so I still have money.
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerter49 Mon May 30, 2011 11:18 am

I would, but not everyone can run PLANES! on their computers, and I am guessing me too. Plus, I think I am going to run only 1 or 2 NON-PLANES! server, so I still have money.

One. Not two. One. (backup server)
qwerter49
qwerter49

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasterman29 Mon May 30, 2011 11:31 am

qwerter49 wrote:

I am saying NO planes server from me. I'm gonna probably make either a plain old survival or a freebuild.
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerter49 Mon May 30, 2011 11:33 am

Coasterman29 wrote:
qwerter49 wrote:

I am saying NO planes server from me. I'm gonna probably make either a plain old survival or a freebuild.

I already HAVe a freebuild. thats y we need NO more servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the ppl that dont no IP:

174.37.218.69:25579
qwerter49
qwerter49

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasterman29 Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 am

qwerter49 wrote:
Coasterman29 wrote:
qwerter49 wrote:

I already HAVe a freebuild. thats y we need NO more servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the ppl that dont no IP:

174.37.218.69:25579
srsly? Normal PvE server then, we are lacking one, (If we do, we should have more,)

EDIT: uh, thats the story server.
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerter49 Mon May 30, 2011 11:58 am

srry, its not tecniqly a free build. I want it to end up like the old FOTC server (cities and stuffz) so i guess u can have an actual free build
qwerter49
qwerter49

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasterman29 Mon May 30, 2011 12:10 pm

qwerter49 wrote:srry, its not tecniqly a free build. I want it to end up like the old FOTC server (cities and stuffz) so i guess u can have an actual free build
FOTC server, we have NEED to make that.
Or, at least a server with cities...
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerter49 Mon May 30, 2011 3:37 pm

thats what i have. Patrick has created the first city, now we just need more than 4 ppl to actually get on so we can fill the cities!
qwerter49
qwerter49

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasterman29 Tue May 31, 2011 8:41 am

qwerter49 wrote:thats what i have. Patrick has created the first city, now we just need more than 4 ppl to actually get on so we can fill the cities!
The IP? The Story server isa different server,
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

Post  Agnewbody1820 Tue May 31, 2011 8:47 am

STORY SERVER IS BACK UP
Agnewbody1820
Agnewbody1820

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerter49 Tue May 31, 2011 6:09 pm

Im not talking bout story server, thats owned by Boelens. Im talking about my server (the one with my huge acro tower, pats city, and for my loyal assistants, the secret building)
qwerter49
qwerter49

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum