We have moved to www.liketoga.me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What made you buy Minecraft?

+4
Agnewbody1820
Boelens
patrick149
Coasterman29
8 posters

Go down

What made you buy Minecraft? Empty What made you buy Minecraft?

Post  Coasterman29 Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:22 pm

I played Roblox in 2007-2010, which was my first experience with a sandbox game.
In November 2010, I stopped playing Roblox after it getting dull and the community Fu1l of peooplzzzzz wh0 tAlKeD liek THEEEEESSSEEEEE. 0MG H4X CAKE PL0X?!!???!?!?
A month later, I had heard about Minecraft when I watched one of Vsauce's videos on YouTube where he talked about the 1:1 scale of the S.S. Enterprise, and thought, "Man, that game looks cool!" So, I did my research about Minecraft, and in the middle of January, I bought it. Best $20 ever spent.
Coasterman29
Coasterman29

Back to top Go down

What made you buy Minecraft? Empty Re: What made you buy Minecraft?

Post  patrick149 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Coasterman29 wrote:I played Roblox in 2007-2010, which was my first experience with a sandbox game.
In November 2010, I stopped playing Roblox after it getting dull and the community Fu1l of peooplzzzzz wh0 tAlKeD liek THEEEEESSSEEEEE. 0MG H4X CAKE PL0X?!!???!?!?
A month later, I had heard about Minecraft when I watched one of Vsauce's videos on YouTube where he talked about the 1:1 scale of the S.S. Enterprise, and thought, "Man, that game looks cool!" So, I did my research about Minecraft, and in the middle of January, I bought it. Best $20 ever spent.
Cool story!

I first herd of minecraft while playing gmod and looking for cool stuff on the toybox option, at first i didnt think about it much because i only saw like 2 or 3 minecraft stuff but after a while there was a bunch of minecraft stuff so i decided to see what it is. after going on the website and watching a couple of youtube videos i decided to buy minecraft which quickly became my favorite game (ever) (right next to portal). The end
patrick149
patrick149

Back to top Go down

Post  Boelens Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:45 pm

I heard about Minecraft in Infdev, but couldnt really care to search what it was, then in Alpha I decided to search and I found some nice videos such as giant castles etc. Then in Beta I bought it. Around version 1.2
Boelens
Boelens

Back to top Go down

Post  Agnewbody1820 Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:37 am

I remember watching endless let's plays after hearing about this (JX23) and constantly researching it. I got it when it was still in Alpha, which has a nice feel to it. I loved it for its seemingly simplistic gameplay that got so complex and fun. I didn't even know about the multiplayer until about 3 days before i got it. Best $14.32 i ever spent.
Agnewbody1820
Agnewbody1820

Back to top Go down

Post  tjty1 Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:50 am

I was playing this mining game on mah iphone right? It was kinda hard, so I looked at the app's comments in the app store. One comment said, "This game is like minecraft! But its in 2d." That made me search it up on google, found the website. Played creative for about 2 months. Asked my dad if I could buy it, and wala! Minecraft Indev here I come!
tjty1
tjty1

Back to top Go down

Post  Marowhamm Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:24 am

I watched Paulsoaresjr's How to Survive & Thrive...
Marowhamm
Marowhamm

http://Marowhamm has no website. How sad D:

Back to top Go down

Post  Haydenw37 Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:40 pm

i was watching a game review show on tv, and they were describing how to build mob traps and such. this got me interested and i found my way to the yogscast episodes and the combination of the multiplayer feature and the fact it was 'on sale' made me purchase it... although its probably not that great for my university grades Sad

Haydenw37

Back to top Go down

Post  gromus1000 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:56 am

Marowhamm wrote:I watched Paulsoaresjr's How to Survive & Thrive...

Same as me.

gromus1000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down